Swimlanes in Skore (or lack thereof)
Skore does not support swimlanes because we believe that
- Swimlanes are not easy to read. Skore approach makes processes flow in a rather linear way which is more convenient. Swimlanes diagrams often have lines flowing in all direction
- Swimlanes are not good with roles. Skore approach makes it easy to add as many roles as necessary. Having one swimlane per role forces to select a few roles because of the page real estate available. How many swimlanes with a line "Others..." have you seen?
- Swimlanes are not good when several roles are involved in one activity. Skore approach supports adding as may roles as relevant to an activity
- Swimlanes are not good with RACI / RATSI. It will have to be done in a third party tool; which will quickly be out of sync with the diagram. Skore supports RACI, RATSI, RAPID or any responsibility matrix you want to create
What are swimlanes good at ?
- Swimlanes are good at showing handover between roles. Skore has a built in feature which does that
Decision boxes / diamonds in Skore
Introduction Users that are new to Skore may ask how they draw, or represent, a decision diamond commonly found in other types of process mapping. Skore is based on the Universal Process Notation (UPN) which doesn’t use decision diamonds but does ...
Using Attachments in Skore
Why attachments Attachments are helpful to add commentaries, context, details to an activity Types of attachments Text : ideal to capture free-form information such as detailed URL Custom field External Content Attachment normally open in the right ...
Quantify a Process in Skore
Why cost a process Understanding the cost of a process helps you make decisions about what and how to change it. For example, if you are looking at automating a part of a process you can use this feature to understand the opportunity cost saving that ...
Connect to Skore API via Postman
Public API Documentation https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/9179336/SzS7Nk63#74566d1c-a415-46be-b991-da41f8a40569 Import collection in Postman (and keep in sync) · In postman desktop client, click “Import” · Paste the following URL ...
How to group activities in Skore
What is it? In Skore you can group activities, this lets users visually see that some activities have a different context and may need to be interpreted differently compared to the wider process. Below is an example of how to use grouping in a ...