Swimlanes in Skore (or lack thereof)
Skore does not support swimlanes because we believe that
- Swimlanes are not easy to read. Skore approach makes processes flow in a rather linear way which is more convenient. Swimlanes diagrams often have lines flowing in all direction
- Swimlanes are not good with roles. Skore approach makes it easy to add as many roles as necessary. Having one swimlane per role forces to select a few roles because of the page real estate available. How many swimlanes with a line "Others..." have you seen?
- Swimlanes are not good when several roles are involved in one activity. Skore approach supports adding as may roles as relevant to an activity
- Swimlanes are not good with RACI / RATSI. It will have to be done in a third party tool; which will quickly be out of sync with the diagram. Skore supports RACI, RATSI, RAPID or any responsibility matrix you want to create
What are swimlanes good at ?
- Swimlanes are good at showing handover between roles. Skore has a built in feature which does that
Decision boxes in Skore
What is it ? How to represent decision box in Skore. We do not have traditional "decision diamonds" so how to do in Skore? The decision This is usually an activity: define, decide, approve, review... and is described in an activity box / whatbox The ...
Setup Skore Connect
Use Skore to capture processes and requirements at the speed of conversation in live workshops. Categorise each requirement, and automatically create Work Items in Azure Devops. Your development team can take over the work in their own platform. ...
Manage roles in Skore
What is it After defining the work to be done in a process, the next, most important question is who does it? As you create processes in Skore, and add roles, you are automatically creating a picture of the team required to execute that process. ...
Group activities in Skore
What is it You can group activities so that users can see that some activities need to be understood in some contexts. Example: the upper flow only applies to large projects View process in Skore How to... How to group boxes Select the boxes to group ...
Attachments in Skore
Why attachments Attachments are helpful to add commentaries, context, details to an activity Types of attachments Text : ideal to capture free-form information such as detailed URL Custom field External Content Attachment normally open in the right ...