(Legacy) Publish a process in Skore
What is publication
You can make an official version of a process that will open by default when looking at the process.
: automatic saving of the process will create a revision learn more
Version: publishing a process will create a new version
How to do
Open the HISTORY page
The modal with all revisions of your process will open, select the version to publish
Now let's start the publication process
Select an approver
In order to publish the process, you will need to select an approver. Any user of the workspace can be an approver. The modal give you.
The modal window will give you shortcut access to :
- Selecting yourself as the approver
- Selecting the process owner
- You can also manually select any user of the workspace.
The second field, comment, is optional. The requestor may enter some notes to explain the changes done to this approval. The notes will appear in the emails and the change log.
Click "Publish now" to continue.
At this stage
- the process is awaiting approval
- the approver, if it's not yourself, has received an email asking to approve the process
- the approver can see the process at the top of the process list in the workspace
Open the approval & publication modal screen
Once it is approved, open the history modal again, we can see that this revision of the process has been approved and is now version 1
Previously approved version of a process will be marked as "was approved"
Summary of version
- The published version of a process will open by default to all users opening the process
- If no published version, the latest (i.e. most recent) revision of the process will be shown
Summary of permissions
- Request approval: any editor with "can edit" access right on the process
- Be an approver: any user of the workspace (any user type -- member, editor, admin). It is your role to ensure the approver has at least "can see" access right on the process
- Cancel a request: any editor with "can edit" access right on the process
- Unpublish a published version: any editor with "can edit" access right on the process
- See a published process: anyone with "can see" access right on the process
- See any other revision of the process: anyone with "can see" access right (any user can open the History modal to browse different versions of the process)
Can an approval request be rejected ?
The approver, if unhappy, should liaise with the requestor. The requestor can cancel the request.
What emails are sent ?
One email is sent to the approver, if the approver is not the requestor (i.e. if not doing a self-approval)
One email is sent to the requestor once the process is approved and published (even if the requestor is the approver)
Can I unpublish a process, and what happens?
Yes. From the history modal a published version of a process can be unpublished.
- If a previously published version of a process exists, this will make it the published version again
- If no previously published version exists, the latest (most recent) revision of a process will be opened by default
(Legacy) Manage roles in Skore
This article is for the legacy version of Skore. See latest article here: Role Manager What is it After defining the work to be done in a process, the next, most important question is who does it? As you create processes in Skore, and add roles, you ...
(Legacy) Setup Skore Connect
Use Skore to capture processes and requirements at the speed of conversation in live workshops. Categorise each requirement, and automatically create Work Items in Azure Devops. Your development team can take over the work in their own platform. ...
(Legacy) Process versions history
This article is for the legacy version of Skore. See latest article here: Process Version History. What is it? When working on a process, new revisions are created so that it is easier to see the history of changes, approve the right revision, or ...
(Legacy) Process owner
What is it In Skore, processes may have a process owner. This is not mandatory but a recommended practice to ensure the right ownership of the processes. How to... How to change the process owner of a process As an editor with "can edit" access right ...
(Legacy) Decision boxes in Skore
What is it ? How to represent decision box in Skore. We do not have traditional "decision diamonds" so how to do in Skore? The decision This is usually an activity: define, decide, approve, review... and is described in an activity box / whatbox The ...